The Balboa Bay Club & Resort’s philanthropic arm, the 1221 Club, will present $67,000 in scholarships to 12 high school seniors from the Newport-Mesa Unified School District during a special awards reception at the Bay Club Grill on June 1.
Since its founding in 1993, the 1221 Club has awarded $528,000 in scholarships to college-bound seniors.
“These seniors are well-rounded and have been working so hard to achieve great things scholastically, athletically and within their community,” said International Bay Clubs President David Wooten.
The scholarship winners were selected from a pool of candidates nominated by teachers, principals and school counselors. Each student was interviewed by a Balboa Bay Club Board of Governors panel.
Here’s a list of the top scholarship winners.
• Misha Brown, Estancia High School: $20,000
• David James Weiland, Corona Del Mar High School: $20,000
• Ryan Albert, Newport Harbor High School: $10,000
• Stephanie Preciado, Newport Harbor High School: $5,000
• Kevin Thomas, Estancia High School: $5,000
The following students each will be awarded $1,000 scholarships.
• Calli Conti, Corona Del Mar High School
• Clay Friend, Costa Mesa High School
• Tayler Hobberlin, Costa Mesa High School
• Sarah Keddington, Corona Del Mar High School
• Corbin Randall, Costa Mesa High School
• Brian Waldron, Costa Mesa High School
• Allyson Wallace, Estancia High School
OCTANe@UCI earns Engagement Award
O.C. SCORE named National Chapter of the Year
OC METRO, May issue: 'CHOC Follies XIII's "The Wizard of OC"'