Farmers & Merchants Bank is recognizing 13 women from Orange County today during its second annual Women of Courage Recognition Breakfast at Zov’s in Tustin.
The women were chosen for their courage, tenacity and innovation in business and their communities. They were selected by branch managers throughout Orange County.
Among the honorees this year: Marcia Manker, who was named one of OC METRO’s Women to Watch in 2008. Manker is the CEO of the nonprofit Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center in Fountain Valley.
“As the Presenting Sponsor for the NAWBO-OC Remarkable Women Awards Dinner, we felt that October – Remarkable Women month – was the perfect opportunity to recognize and honor the dedicated women that we have seen come through the doors of our Orange County branches,” said Farmers & Merchants CEO Henry Walker. “These women have shown courage – many in the face of formidable challenges – and they continue to inspire us in our everyday lives.”
Here’s a complete list of this year’s Women of Courage:
· Connie Black, Double Eagle Resort and Spa, Fullerton
· Ruth Denault, Denault’s Hardware, San Clemente
· Claudia Kihano Parker, Parker Law Group, Laguna Hills
· Donna Lee, Global Partnership LLC, Garden Grove
· Pam Lytle, Landmark Realtors, San Juan Capistrano
· Marcia Manker, Orange Coast Memorial Medical Center, Newport Beach
· Dolores Marikian, YMCA of Orange, Orange
· Sue Rueb, B.R.A.I.N, Huntington Beach
· Teresa and Patricia Saldivar, Teresa’s Jewelers, Santa Ana
· Liz Schmidt, Organic and Healthy, Lake Forest
· Suzanne Sotomey, Eaton Corp., Tustin
· Marty Thompson, WE CARE, Rossmoor
16 O.C. firms make Technology Fast 500 list
Cleantech Group honors three local firms
Human Options gears up for fall fundraiser