The Crossing in Anaheim has been named Development of the Year by the South Coast Apartment Association.
The honor was presented during the 11th annual Greater Excellence in Management and Maintenance – or GEMM – awards, which drew 1,200 professionals to the Hilton Anaheim.
“Despite the challenging economy, there were still an incredible number of examples of tremendous new investment, customer service and commitment to quality that illustrates the dynamic professionalism of the region’s apartment industry,” said Judith Legan, the association’s executive vice president.
Other top awards include:
• Affordable Housing Community of the Year – Buena Park’s Walden Glen Apartments, Fairfield Properties
• Senior Housing Community of the Year – Ladera Ranch’s Heritage Square Apartments, Western National Property Management
• Community of the Year – La Habra’s Casa Madrid Apartments, Western National Property Management
• Repositioned Property of the Year – Newport Beach’s Park Newport Apartments, Gerson Bakar & Associates
• Regional Manager of the Year – April Atkinson, Irvine Co. Apartment Communities
The South Coast Apartment Association represents rental housing owners and managers throughout Orange County, Long Beach and Signal Hill.
First Bank honors 2 Orange County-based employees
UCI Medical Center is No. 1 in O.C.
MemorialCare Health System earns Great Workplace Award