Seven Orange County firms took home a total of 11 honors at the American Business Awards – aka The Stevies – held Monday evening in New York City.
Some 500 attendees gathered at the eighth annual gala to celebrate the work of business professionals, corporations, nonprofits and government agencies across the nation. More than 200 executives judged the competition, which drew more than 2,700 entries.
Irvine-based Boost Mobile was the big winner among the local firms, garnering recognition in four separate categories. Aliso Viejo-based MOST Brand Development + Advertising received two honors.
Here's a breakdown of the local winners:
Irvine-based Boost Mobile
• Business Turnaround of the Year – Up to 2,500 Employees
• Favorite Telecom Product or Service: Monthly Unlimited No Contract Wireless Service
• Advertising - Telecommunications – Campaign
• Turnaround Executive of the Year: Matt Carter, president
Aliso Viejo-based MOST Brand Development + Advertising
• Fastest-Growing Company of the Year – Up to 100 Employees
• Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
Irvine-based Fisker Automotive Inc.
• Most Innovative Company of the Year – Up to 100 Employees
Irvine-based Quality Systems Inc.
• Advertising – Health Products & Services – Campaign
Irvine-based Specialized Marketing Services, Inc.
• Advertising/Design Craft & Technique – Best Design
Aliso Viejo-based Creek Systems
• Best Corporate Identity/Branding Design
Costa Mesa-based SYSPRO
• Favorite Desktop/End-User or Server Software
Nationwide, Apple took home Best Overall Company of the Year; Lawrence Ellison, founder and CEO of Oracle, garnered the Executive of the Year title; and Yodle received the Fastest-Growing Company of the Year honor.
UCI Extension grants more than 1,400 certificates of completion
Chapman advertising students win national championship
American Diabetes Association honors Fountain Valley Regional