Local business execs and community leaders will descend upon the Anaheim Marriott on Wednesday to honor some of the leading figures in Orange County’s charitable circles.
The National Philanthropy Day Orange County awards luncheon celebrates 25 years of service and recognizes individuals, groups and businesses for their personal support and involvement in charitable activities that support their communities – and the world.
Among this year's honorees: Irvine-based Golden State Foods will be recognized in the category of Outstanding Corporation or Business with more than 30 employees. The firm raised $13 million for more than 250 children's charities, in addition to other efforts. And Phil and Mary Lyons of Newport Beach will be named Outstanding Philanthropists for their financial support, leadership and volunteer efforts for a number of O.C. arts programs.
Here's a look at the other awardees:
• Lifetime Achievement: Marion Knott, Newport Beach
• Outstanding Founder: Jerri Rosen, Newport Beach
• Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser: Henry L. Jones, Fullerton
• Outstanding Philanthropic Group: AccessOC, Laguna Hills
• Outstanding Youth: Megan Mahdi, Laguna Niguel
• Outstanding Corporation or Business with fewer than 30 employees: Thrivent Financial for Lutherans, San Juan Capistrano
Komen O.C. Affiliate honors area volunteers
Chapman’s American Celebration raises $2.1 million
Sunwest Bank joins forces with O.C. Community Housing Corp.