Six Orange County businesses were honored this week at the ninth Annual American Business Awards ceremony held in New York City at the Marriott Marquis Hotel. The event, which is better known as the Stevie awards, honors great performance in business, and this year Orange County was well represented.
With the exception of Most advertising agency and SYSPRO, all of the local companies are located in Irvine:
• Aliso Viejo-based advertising agency Most was named Marketing/Advertising Agency of the Year. The company was also awarded the Best Website or Blog from an Advertising, Marketing or Public Relations Agency.
• BDS Marketing Inc. was recognized as the Best Training Site.
• Quality Systems Inc. took home three Stevie awards: In addition to Campaign of the Year and Best Internal Recognition, the company’s Julie Farlow was celebrated as the Support Staffer of the Year.
• Prescription Solutions/UnitedHealth Group was honored for having the Best Customer Service Department.
• Costa-Mesa based SYSPRO was awarded the People's Choice Award in the Favorite New Manufacturing Product category for its Inventory Optimization Solution.
• Finally, Web Advanced was praised for having the Best Non-Profit Organization Website or Blog.
Goodwill of O.C. lands 3 Hermes Creative Awards
Small businesses are spending more on Internet advertising
University of Phoenix awards two O.C. residents